Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Garden Writers

This is a hard time of year for me. It's too soon most catalogues to be here, too soon to start sowing seeds of next years perennials and the garden pretty much belongs to the dogs until February. Last year I had my master gardener courses to look forward to. This year I have decided to start finding and reading some of those old garden books I keep hearing about. Building a gardener's library you might say.
Luckly for me I have access to some awesome used bookstores in town and have managed to find book by Allen Lacy, Elizabeth Lawrence , Eleanor Perenyi and my favorite so far" Onward and Upward in the Garden" by Katherins S. White. Who new a book about garden cataloges could be so entertaining! I think most gardeners, even if the don't agree with White, could find something to love about her. I know I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home